Friday, June 12, 2015

Eggs , butter and Sugar

I haven't blogged in quite a while and thought it was time for me to start again before I completely stop and not come back to doing it. Earlier, I blamed it on not having time and I just realized off late that you can make time for anything you want.One such wonder for me, has been baking!!!

From the title, you probably thought I was going to post a recipe or something but no, I just want to share my love for baking and the inspiration I've gotten to do it.The very first step for anything is encouragement and inspiration and I should say I've gotten plenty of that from my wonderful family and friends.They're all honest yet considerate with their comments and  push me to doing more.My first love for cooking started when I was in class 8, when we had to mandatorily be part of a club and I chose the cookery club.I even remember my first attempt at making Samosas and Mysore Pa. My cookery club teacher still remembers me fondly and says she always knew I'd be interested in cooking someday.Well, I guess she was right.Having a mother and a grand mother who are both terrified to let you enter the kitchen, does not help you learn too much (they were forever worried that I might burn a finger or leave the gas on). We're past that now and I do a lot of recipe searching from the internet and I pretty much torture everybody at home with my trial and errors (including my dogs.. :))

I started baking for the love of it. It made me happy because everybody I fed, was super happy. Seeing somebody else smile always makes my day.Today, baking is my stress reliever. It helps me take my mind off things that upset me. Oh , the best part is decorating a cake or a cupcake. Trust me, nothing is more soothing than that. I could spend hours and hours ganaching my cake or colouring my cupcake topper.. it's fun and relaxing. After spending a couple of years with random baking, trials and perfecting my recipes, today I proudly sell my cakes. Although I'm content with my new venture and everything , I still have that little pain of having to charge somebody for my cake. I rather enjoyed making it with all my heart and not expecting anything in return. Well, life has to go on and having a business of my own, was my next step forward.

Well, back to why I love baking. Apart from the fact that it makes me and people I love happy, the aroma that fills my home when I bake something is just scintillating. I love licking left over batter after my cakes are in the oven. I looove tasting whipped cream when it's still in the making. It gives me goosebumps when my bread rises . These little things bring great joy and they keep me wanting to do more and more of this. Loving what you do and doing what you love are two different things but when they coincide, it's a match made in heaven. My relationship with baking is definitely one such match :D :D

No comments: