Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The cocoon called Work!! - Is it???

"Work is Worship" says ancient history.Well, I say "Work is the worst ship if you don't enjoy the sea".
I joined work straight out of college and it's been almost 5 years since.When I was in college, all I wanted to do was to get out and start working.Little did I realize that I was taking on a huge responsibility on me. The happy, fun me didn't want to get used to the busy work life.Alas, time had to move on and here I am being busy as ever having learnt to deal with work life.

When I started my career, I hated it!!I literally hated it because all I wanted to do was to go back to college life and not have to worry about anything. All I ever wanted to do was to bunk classes, watch movies and hang out with friends (What else is college life about.. ;)).But yet, I knew that wasn't going to happen so I stuck on. Slowly, I learnt to make the best of what I had.I made more friends at work. I started to like going to my work place.Then I realized that the only way for me to enjoy work would be to start liking it.What to do, I'm an electrical engineer who dreamt of becoming a journalist but ended up as a software engineer.There was no way I could ever like what I was doing!!It's not what I wanted!!So then, my next way of dealing with this situation was with a distraction.I made sure that I always had something to look forward to the weekend so that I could push the five working days as quickly as possible.Now that really seemed to help.My weekends were busier than weekdays and I started enjoying that.

I should say, social media played such a vital role in my life.It helped me discover my love for baking and gave me the direction for it as well.It taught me that people loved me for who I was and for what I do.It helped me re-discover my love for food and find like minded people who do.With all this, I finally got my perfectly balanced work and personal life.I now know that by doing everything I love, I'm finally making up for not liking my job so much.After all these years, I can proudly say that I've found my happy place.I love my work and I simply love my personal life.I just hope nothing ever changes so then I wouldn't need another five years to find my happy place again.. :D

Note:For all those who share my thoughts about work being the last place you'd want to be, don't worry!!That'll change as years go by but that feeling will never go away until you find your passion and give it enough importance!!!

Happy Searching!!

-Sharanya
Keep Smiling.. :)

No comments: