Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's that Feeling again!!!

It's funny how we always feel that we're missing out on something in life.During school days, all I wanted was a cell phone,during college, all I wanted was a car and when I started working, all I wanted was loads of money to travel the world.Somehow, in the midst of all of this need for one thing or another, I failed to notice what I had.Now, at this stage in life, all I want to do is move on and start a family of my own and setup my own house except at this juncture, the difference is that I've finally learned to stop and appreciate what I have.

Why did I suddenly think of this?? Well, this feeling is not just for material things but also relationships we share with different people. I've always been surrounded by friends and family and anybody who looks at me from an outsider's point of view would always think that I'm probably the most lucky and infact the happiest person around.Fact was that I never felt the same way because my definition of a friend is not a regular one.I grew up looking at my cousins and their friends and the unassuming relationship they shared and all I ever wanted was friends like that.I made friends and some really good ones but somehow today I feel that I didn't give them enough importance when I had them around.I was still expecting more.If a friend called me to congratulate me on something, I expected him to know about my excitement before I told him.What was wrong about this??? Nothing!! But what was right?? Nothing either. Expectations only bring disappointment and that's my biggest lesson in life.

Today, I finally stand tall and embrace everything I have. Everything little seems more important than ever. Afterall, life is short and what better thing to do than live it to the fullest.If you haven't realized this already, it's never too late!!

For all the things I've looked over or missed out on appreciating, I regret it today and I make a big promise to myself to never ever make that mistake again and to never ever feel that way again!!

- Sharanya





No comments: