Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Road Trips - Journey of a lifetime!!!

Travelling has been one of those things I've always wanted to do.There's nothing I'm more jealous about than these TV show hosts who get to travel the world and taste world cuisine and all they have to do is to shoot a few episodes and talk about the food,culture and the place.(Hmmmpfff...I want their job!!).

Well, since I'm a software engineer and not a model, there is no way I was going to get a job with a TV channel and the least I can do is to make a few trips a year to explore the country for newer places and newer cuisines.With that in mind, I started travelling 4 years ago just after I'd finished college because that seemed like the perfect time and I had started earning so less burden for my parents to deal with.I made sure to make atleast 3 trips every year and I always made sure I never traveled to the same place twice.Somehow, this year, with all the weddings (yes, it is the biggest wedding year of all times.. everybody seems to be getting married) I haven't had a chance to travel much and that is exactly when Malayalam Cinema decides to come up with a movie that is only about travel(Sheesh!!!).

I'm talking about "Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi" - Blue Skies, Green Sea and Red Earth.
The hero decides to go on a breezy, soul searching trip to the north east all the way from the south.En-route, he meets different people from different walks of life, faces challenges, learns the true meaning of friendship and realizes the value of love.The movie left me wondering if I'd ever be able to leave life behind and just pack up and leave to an unknown destination just to understand life, to love,to be loved and to know what life should be.

It left me craving for a road trip and I'm sure to make one very very soon!!!

-Sharanya

No comments: