Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuscana Pizzeria - A Food Voyage to Italy

Have you ever been to Italy?? Well, me neither.But the closest you can get on the Italian food front is Tuscana Pizzeria and it has been one of my favourite Italian joints for a long long time.So here I am, finally putting down my review about my go to place in Chennai for the best Italian food there is!!!

The first thing that strikes you about the entrance is the really cool red scooter and it always amazes me!!(somehow makes me think of the chef in his whites riding the scooter and delivering a pizza himself. :P).The next thing is the ambiance and the lighting in the restaurant.Very dimly lit with just enough so your eyes don't hurt yet enough light to be sure to see what you're eating.And then there's a familiar smiling face welcoming you(Vipin Ofcourse :)).After a quick seat and a round of hi hellos, we move on to getting our dishes to the table one by one.In the meantime, I quietly have a look at the menu card just to have an idea of the items served and out of curiosity counted the number of items - they have 103 items on the menu.. :O and we were served 21 of them.

These were the various dishes along with their foreign names.. :D

Baguette all' Aglio,Baguette all' Aglio con Mozzarella,Peporoni e Formaggi and Spinachi e Gorgonzala
(In other words, garlic bread with a variety of stuffing and topping)

All the different kinds of garlic bread was to die for.Especially the one with Spinach.Nothing like hot and cheese dripping garlic bread.. yummmm!!!

After the mouth watering breads,we had a variety of Pizza and Pasta and the beauty of each of these dishes were the distinct flavour of each and every ingredient used.Some of the stand outs were the pasta infused with Saffron and the Prosciutto used as pizza topping.Even other small ingredients like rocket leaves and fresh mozzarella added to the authenticity of the flavour.All the items were visually very very appealing and absolutely filling.


                                                                       Verdi Misti
                                                                        Ai Funghi


                                                        Pollo Affumicato con Salsa di Capperi
                                                                          Roma


Primevera Verdi e crema allo Zafferano


                                                                       All' Arrabiata

Skewers of buffalo Mozzarella,cherry tomato,breaded ricotta balls and crumb fried zucchini dribbled with Pesto.
Even after a completely stuffed meal, I was looking forward to my favourite dessert - Tiramisu!!!
It was one of the best I had had in recent times and I managed to wipe my clean plate.Lovely texture and flavour.Nothing to beat a lasting impression.We were also served the Torta Soffice Di Mele which was an italian apple cake with zested lemon and cinnamon.I'm not a big fan of lemon zest so stuck to my Tiramisu and enjoyed it thoroughly.


So yet again, Tuscana impresses me and remains in my top 3 Italian places list.A must visit, infact many many visits if we have to cover all the items on the menu.



No comments: